- How are you? So glad to see you. Thank you for coming.
- You like the collection?
- Absolutely. I think it's the best in years.
- This is very important for me. Very, very important. I'm very happy for you.
- This is my new Emily.
- Hello. How do you do?
- I'm good. Pleasure. Nice to meet you.
- You love the show?
- Miranda. This way!
- Miranda. Nigel. Fashion's great gatekeepers
. (столпы, хранители моды)
- Miranda, what is Runway's position on French fashion versus American fashion?
- I've been thinking…
- You still owe (быть обязанным)
me for Harry Potter.
- Oh, do I?
- Of course, you do. Are you working tonight?
- No, actually Miranda has a dinner.
- Great, you're free.
- Oh, but there is the problem of le boyfriend. Wait, don't tell me. The boyfriend non plus?
- Je suis très, très desolé. (фр. очень грустно)
- Oh, you're so full of it. You're not desolé at all.
- No, not even a little. What time should I pick you up?
- I'll call you.
- Oh, there you are.
- We need to go over the seating (посадка)
, uh, chart for the luncheon.
- Okay. Um, yeah, sure. I have it right here.
- By all means, move at a glacial pace. (конечно, двигайся ещё медленней)
You know how that thrills (возбуждает)
- So... first of all, we need to move Snoop Dogg to my table.
- But your table's full.
- Stephen isn't coming.
- Oh, Stephen is…
- So, I don't need to fetch (захватить, забрать)
Stephen from the airport tomorrow?
- Well, if you speak to him and he decides to rethink the divorce... then, yes, fetch away. You're very fetching, so go fetch.
- And then when we get back to New York, we need to contact, um...Leslie to see what she can do to minimize the press on all this. Another divorce...splashed (размазан)
across page six. I can just imagine what they're gonna write about me. The Dragon Lady, career obsessed (одержимая карьерой/карьеристка)
. Snow Queen drives away (отталкивает)
another Mr. Priestly. Rupert Murdoch should cut me a check (выписать чек)
...for all the papers I sell for him. Anyway, I don't … I don't really care what anybody writes about me. But my… my girls, I just It's just so unfair to the girls. It's just...another disappointment...another letdown
, (неоправданное ожидание) another father figure Gone. Anyway, the point is…the point is… The point is we really need to figure out where to place Donatella because she's barely (едва ли)
speaking to anyone.
- I'm so sorry, Miranda. If you want me to cancel your evening, I can.
- Don't be ridiculous (глупой)
. Why would we do that?
- Is there anything else I can do?
- Your job. That's all.
- Hi. I need Miranda's itinerary (план/расписание)
- Okay. Come on in. –
- All right? Thanks.
- Who put that together for you?
- This? Oh, it's just it's just something I threw on
- Turn around. Let me see. Turn. Mm. Incroyable. (фр. чудесно)
- Yeah? Okay, good.
- Really. I think that my work here is done.
- We're going to celebrate
. (праздновать) I'm going to get some champagne.
- Okay. What are we toasting?
- We are toasting, my dear, to the dream job.
- The one that a million girls wanted.
- Which I got months ago.
- I'm not talking about you.
- James Holt
- Massimo Corteleoni...is investing in James's company and taking it global
- Mmhmm. Bags, shoes, fragrances the works (и тому подобное)
. And James needs a partner. And that partner would be me.
- Does Miranda…
- No, no, Miranda knows, because she put me up for (рекомендовать/ выставлять кандидатуру)
it. God, no. Can you imagine?
- But… But… But you're leaving. I can't imagine Runway without you.
- I know, I know, but I'm so excited though (однако)
- This is the first time in 18 years I'm going to be able to call the shots (руководить/ принимать решения)
in my own life. Oh, my God! I'm going to be able to come to Paris and actually see Paris.
- Well, congratulations. Nigel, you deserve it.
- You bet your size six ass.
- Cheers. (выпьем)
- Cheers to you (за тебя)
- To us.
- Let me see that.
- Okay, I just wanna say that yes, there are things Miranda does that I don't agree with, but
- Come on. You hate her. Just admi
it to me.
- She's a…
- She's a notorious (отъявленная)
sadist...and not… not in a good way.
- Okay, she's tough (суровая)
, but if Miranda were a man... no one would notice anything about her, except how great she is at her job.
- I'm sorry. I can't… I can't believe this. You're defending (защищать)
- The wide-eyed girl peddling her earnest (распространяющая свои искренние)
- You, my friend, are crossing over (переходить)
to the dark side.
- I resent (отказываюсь)
- You shouldn't. It's sexy.
- Sexy? Really?
- So, do you do you know where we're going?
'Cause I'm lost. Yeah.
- Yeah, don't worry. I know this city like the back of my hand. (Я знаю этот город как свои пять пальцев)
- It's my favorite place in the whole world. You know, Gertrude Stein once said..."America is my country, and Paris is my hometown." It's true.
- What do you do? Do you just write stuff like that down...and then file it away to use on us girls?
- I'm Christian Thompson. That's my way.
- That's your way. Right.
- I work freelance. I have a lot of free time on my hands.
- You know, I never understood why everyone was so crazy about Paris…. but... it is so beautiful. Mm…. I can't. I'm sorry. I can't. You know, Nate and I just split up (разошлись)
a couple days ago, and I can't. Ooh. I've had too much wine. And my hearing… vision…. judgment's impaired
. (мой слух, зрение и ум притупились)
No, I barely know you. I'm in a strange city. I... am out of excuses.
- Thank God.
- Oh, shoot.
- Bonjour, madame.
- Uh, what the hell is this?
- What does it look like? It's a mockup
- Yeah. Of?
- Of what American Runway will look like when Jacqueline Follet is the new editor in chief.
- Wh…They're replacing Miranda?
- Yeah. And she's bringing me in to run all the editorial content. (управлять содержанием редакционных статей)
You're really surprised? Jacqueline's a lot younger than Miranda. She has a fresher take on (взгляд на)
things. Not to mention American Runway's one of the most expensive books in the business.
- Yes. Mr. Ravitz, I'm so sorry to bother
. I was wondering
- Have you completely lost your mind
? (потерять рассудок)
- I need to talk to you.
- Do not disturb (отвлекать)
- But, um, it's just for one…Miranda!